- 2017 Ph.D., Philosophy (with Distinction), Loyola University Chicago, U.S.A.
Dissertation: “Human Rights and Global Justice: A Normative Critique of Some Rawlsian Approaches”.
Supervisor: Professor David Ingram
(Winner of the Loyola University, Chicago 2017/2018 Dissertation of the Year Award in the Humanities Category.)
- 2009 M.A., Public Policy, The George Washington University, Washington, D.C. U.S.A.
Master’s Essay: “The Public Sector as a Tool for Social Development.”
- 1998 B.Sc., Economics, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria.
Honors Thesis: “A Study of Rural Agriculture Interventions by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) in Kaduna State, Nigeria.”
HONOURS, GRANTS & AWARDS
- 2017 – 2018 Loyola University Chicago Dissertation of the Year Award (Humanities Category).
- 2016 – 2017 Pre-Doctoral Research Fellowship Goethe Universitat Frankfurt – Leibniz Award Research Group on Trans – National Justice.
- 2015 – 2016 Pre- Doctoral Research Fellowship Hannover Institute of Social and Political Philosophy (FIPH).
- 2010 – 2015 (5 years) Loyola University Chicago Merit Award.
- 2013 Summer Academic Research Fellowship – Department of Philosophy Loyola University Chicago.
“Development Theory in the African Context”
“Technology and Development in Africa”
Interculturality, Justice and Global Change
Department of Philosophy, University of Oviedo, Asturias, Spain.
Spring, 2021 and 2022
“Ethics,” Philosophy Department, Loyola University, Chicago.
Teacher of Record – Summer 2015 (on line); Spring 2015.
Teaching Assistant – Spring – 2014; Spring 2013; Spring 2012; Fall 2012.
“Philosophy and Persons,” Philosophy Department, Loyola University, Chicago.
Teacher of record – Summer 2015 (On line); Fall 2014.
“Social and Political Philosophy,” Philosophy Department, Loyola University, Chicago.
Teaching Assistant – Fall 2013; Fall 2010; Spring 2011; Fall 2012.
- 2017 Jochen, Enrich, Ndidi Nwaneri, and Natale de Santo. “The Role of Retired Pediatric Professors in European Child Healthcare Services.” Journal of Pediatrics, Volume 181 (February, 2017): 332-333.e1. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpeds.2016.10.055.
- 2016 “Gender Equality: Response to Van Parijs”, in E. Mbonda & T. Ngosso (eds.), Théories de la justice: justice globale, agents de la justice et justice de genre, (Louvain-la-Neuve: Presses Universitaires de Louvain, 2016), pp. 293-298.
- Visiting Scholar, Department of Philosophy, Loyola University Chicago, College of Arts and Sciences. January, 2021- May, 2022
- Ethics and Public Policy Laboratory (EthicsLab) of The Catholic University of Central Africa (UCAC) Yaoundé, Cameroon – Co-founder and Senior Research Fellow August 2018-present.
- Department of Public Health, Washington, D.C., USA – Research Assistant – June 2008 – December 2008
- Institute for Development Research (IDR) Zaria, Nigeria – Statistical Officer January 2000 – February 2002
SELECTED CONFERENCE PAPERS AND PRESENTATIONS
- “The Collateral Damage of “Smart” Sanctions in the Democratic Republic of the Congo: A Critique of the Humanitarian Impacts of an Incoherent Economic Sanctions Regime.”
Paper Presented with Fernando C. Saldivar, S.J. at the Sanctions and International Law and Politics Conference, Coventry University and Graduate Institute Geneva
December 9-10, 2021
- “Utility Through Care”
Paper presented at the University Philosophy Conference on Global Health Justice, “Rethinking Global Health Justice in the Age of Pandemics”
Blavatnik School of Government, Oxford University
April 14-15, 2021.
- Global Justice and Global Catastrophic Risk: between error and terror.
Key-note paper presented at the Cambridge Conference on Catastrophic Risk
Centre for the Study of Existential Risk, University of Cambridge
November 17-18, 2020
- “Ethical Adoption of Technology – AI and ICT in Africa.”
Launch Event Conference
Competence Center for African Research
Institute for Business Ethics, University of St. Gallen, Switzerland
January 15, 2020
AFFILIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Independent Resource Group for Global Health Justice (IRG-GHJ)
- International Development Ethics Association (IDEA) Executive Board Member
- English – Native
- Igbo – Native
- Yoruba – Native